Marketing Academy Australia
Business leaders are increasingly worried about the skill gap between our experienced leaders and the upcoming generation of emerging talent. Australia has one of the world’s best marketing communities, full of the brightest minds. However, without passing on the vital tried and tested leadership skills & knowledge to the next generation our industry’s future may be at risk.
- How do emerging leaders gain knowledge from the current leaders in the boardroom?
- How can we ensure our marketing talent gains insight and knowledge from all industry sectors?
- How do our future marketing leaders learn best practice from around the world?
- How can we retain our talent in order to enrich the marketing capability?
Imagine what could be achieved if the current generation of successful CEOs, CMOs, Marketing Directors and Agency Leaders were able to share their knowledge, experience and wisdom with the next generation of marketing leaders.
And that’s where we come in…..
Australian Scholarship Programme
A free, highly selective, 15 day learning programme delivered over 9 months for 30 emerging marketing leaders
Packed full of money can’t buy experiences and best in class content the programme has been designed to include a powerful combination of mentoring, coaching and lectures delivered by some of the top CEO’s, CMO’s and business leaders from Australia and the rest of the world. During the 9 months the delegates will experience;
One to One Mentoring
- Sessions with some of Australia's most experienced and inspirational marketing leaders. A team of over 40 leading CEO’s, CMO’s & Directors from Marketing & Advertising each commit their time as Academy ‘Mentors’. Each delegate has face-to-face sessions with up to 8 mentors, from different sectors, who will share their experiences and insight.
Lunch & Learn Mentoring
- Small groups of delegates will enjoy lunches with key figures at the top of the Australia’s most successful businesses who will share details of their own inspirational career journeys, including lessons learned along the way.
One 2 One Coaching
- 9 months input from one of a team of 30 professional Executive Coaches. The coaching element of the programme provides the delegates with a critical sounding board, plus challenges and facilitates their thinking and development
The ‘Boot Camps’
- Two fully immersive ‘Boot Camps’ where delegates share learning, insight and experiences. The first is a 5 day boot camp in February 2015 where, in addition to a full induction and learning sessions, the delegates undergo an intense leadership development programme delivered by The Living Leader. The remaining 3 day Boot Camp in October 2015 is also packed with inspirational speakers & learning experiences.
- The golden opportunity attend six Lectures on subjects such as: Marketing Strategy, Brand Management, Creative Advertising, Design, Digital Marketing, Leadership, Marketing Research, Behavioural economics, PR etc. Each Lecture is hosted by international speakers, world leading experts and organisations.
How to get on the Programme?
This is a free but highly selective programme and as the number of places is strictly limited, an ‘Invitation to Apply’ is sent only to those individuals who have first been nominated.
Employers will be encouraged to NOMINATE their rising stars through an online portal. All nominees will receive an ‘Invitation to Apply’ and take part in a multi stage 6 week selection process.
Here’s a guide to the desired criteria…
- Will currently be in a leadership role with a minimum of 8 years work experience in a marketing function OR within an agency and a minimum of 18 months with your current employer
- Will demonstrate stability and commitment to a career within marketing, advertising or communications and able to evidence results / achievements in each career role
- Have interests in a range of endeavours i.e. social, cultural, artistic / creative endeavours, sports participation, voluntary / youth / charity work
- Evident commitment to, or desire for, self-development or broadening of own horizons, including world travel, night school, distance learning, membership of groups/ clubs/ societies
- Will have high emotional intelligence, make a positive impact on others, have an embracing communication style and are naturally driven to succeed
- Will be currently employed in Australia (not contract or freelance) and under no known or suspected risk of redundancy or termination