The Merlins Apprentice £1 million Fund
Merlin’s Apprentice is a 12 month fully paid Marketing Apprenticeship for 18 - 24 year olds who are not currently in employment, education or training.
The Apprenticeships are awarded to young adults who, due to a lack of qualifications, challenging backgrounds or poor life choices, would normally be overlooked for this kind of work experience. The Apprenticeship does not only provide on-the-job learning, training and qualifications but, more importantly, the first step to a career within Marketing, Advertising or Communications.
Our aim is to create 50 Apprenticeships and to do so we've created The Merlin's Apprentice £1million Fund.
Each time the fund hits £20k we hire a new Apprentice and change the future of a young person in the UK. We're encouraging all marketers, brands, media owners and agency's to make a donation to the fund and help build a pipe line of young talent that will benefit the industry for years to come.
Our Apprentices, Reece and Charlotte, describe the impact that our Merlin’s Apprenticeship programme has made in this video
On 3rd December 2015 we celebrated The Marketing Academy’s 5th birthday with a huge fundraising party at the Bloomsbury Big Top for our £1million fundraising target. Attended by the great and the good from the Marketing, Advertising and Media industries and it was an unforgettable evening!
Marketing Academy Alumni Jonny MP was our Photographer on the night and you can check out his pictures here.
Huge thanks also goes to Centaur, ITV and Global Media Group for making the night so special.
For more information on The Merlin's Apprentice £1million Fund read on!
The programme has been developed, and will be delivered, in partnership with The Princes Trust and The Marketing Academy:
The 12 month Apprenticeship Programme includes three learning streams:
1. Practical Experience - Apprentices will complete a 12 month paid work placement within a ‘Host’ company. Although employed by the Marketing Hall of Legends (UK), they will be treated as an employee and work alongside experienced staff to complete their role, which will be designed by the ‘Host’ and aimed at entry level.
2. Professional Qualifications - The Apprenticeship will include a fully funded entry level membership of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and access to their resources. The CIM will also fund study for their ‘Foundation Certificate in Marketing’.
3. Learning & Development – Merlin's Apprentices will have full access to the training and resources of The Marketing Academy and will receive:
- Three ‘Mentors’ each giving 4 ‘one to one’ 90 minute mentoring sessions throughout the year
- Three Merlin Lectures (learning events provided by key industry figures)
- Two Academy Faculty Learning days (provided by marketing industry specialists)
Donate to the Merlin’s Apprenticeship Programme
We'd like to thank all of the people and companies for their kind donations, you can see a list of all our fabulous supporters here
Register with The Marketing Academy for regular updates, info and news*